Friday, January 15, 2016

In Cleveland we are!


Happy New Year to all of you!! So Thankful for 2015 and looking forward to what God has planned for this year! We ended the year with a church service and fellowship and food  afterwards.  I can't think of another way I'd want it to be! Giving God the glory for what He's done and what He's going to do! BLESSED!!

We are here in Ohio at our friendly hotel (home away from home) in Westlake.  The drive wasn't bad at all.  The sun was shining and roads were totally clear, besides salt on the road. We got in Thursday evening.  I had testing and a Dr's appointment today.  Monday is jam packed with testings and appointments and pre op stuff.  On Tuesday, I'll be having the stoma reversed.  The kids are with us till a day or so after surgery then heading back home.  

Friday evening, after our Dr's appointment, we went for pizza to celebrate someone's BIRTHDAY!  Happy Birthday to my wonderful, caring, patient, and loving husband!!! Afterwards, we went to the store and he picked out some icecream to eat at the hotel. We played Phase 10, but only got to phase 5 and will finish the rest up tomorrow.   

As I was packing for the trip I started cleaning out my last drawer of medical supplies.   It felt so good.  It looks nice not having my bedroom look like a hospital supply room.  In the past several years thats what its become with my G-tube, J-tube,  Ostomy supplies, and everything for my TPN supplies.   I told Shane on the way here I get in a panic thinking I forgot to get my TPN out of the fridge to hook up or bring with me.  It feels wonderful not having to hook up anymore. 

What an intestinal transplant means to me? Being able to go to Church as a Family.  Walking hand in hand with my husband, and him not having to push me in the wheelchair. Having energy to do picnics and go site seeing as a family, and not sitting on a bench alone waiting for them to return.  Not having surprising hospital visits, and missing the kids events.  Going into shops that are small, and not worrying about a wheelchair fitting thru. Being able to be out and about more as a family, and not confined to bed.  Being able to enjoy each day! 

Some are asking about my funding page.  My funding page is on the right side, National Foundations for Transplants.  What a blessing it has been.  Thank you for so much for all who have given.  Whether its been great or small it all helps!  Also thank you for your support with the gift cards, emails, texts, calls, cards, love, and most of all prayers.  Thank you! 

I'll update next week or have Shane.  Have a great weekend!
Love,
Jamie 










No comments: